Sunday, April 5, 2015

Billionaires are boring

After the success of 50 Shades of Grey, the erotica genre on Amazon is flooded with 50 Shades copycats and billionaire stories. Shapeshifter paranormal erotica got huge after the Twilight, so now there is even a new trend combining the shapeshifting and billionaire: The were-animal billionaire.

The billionaire romance has been around since the 70's, it's nothing new. But I really can't understand one thing: Why still the billionaire? Why the shapeshifter billionaire, the vampire billionaire and countless other versions of the billionaire? Why not something new? What happened to the people's imaginations?

Well I find the whole billionaire fetish boring and cliche, so I decided to introduce the emperor fetish to the market. There are too few stories featuring sexy emperors. Historical and time travel erotica categories have a lot of Vikings, Victorian nobility, highlanders, even prehistoric caveman stories but hardly any emperors. What few examples I have read I didn't like. The emperor figures were far from sexy (one of them was even a total pig!) and there was no romance aspect in any of them.

When In Rome series is all about emperor fetish, featuring hardcore bondage, voyeurism, menage scenes and other kinky stuff but it's still romantic. I think it's quite possible to incorporate kinky stuff in a romance story. Why not? I did it. Even if no one reads it, at least I will be happy with the fact that I tried something different.


No comments:

Post a Comment