Thursday, April 23, 2015

What is in Vol. 3?

I am now ready to reveal the title for the 3rd installment in my debut erotic romance series When In Rome. (First 2 parts are listed here)

The title is (ta daaaa) The Emperor's Gladiatrix. So, we have more story going on here with the political intrigue and we get to see the gladiatrix fights. Of course there are steamy sex scenes, but there's more actual story than sex going on here. Yes, the ancient Romans had female gladiators fighting in the arena for centuries, but the popular culture totally glosses over this fact. I've never heard of them until I started writing this series and researched the ancient Roman history. Great many Roman chroniclers wrote about them, there is even of solid evidence like reliefs depicting them in action. There is one relief on display at the British Museum (see the Wikipedia page here for more info and a photo of the relief.)

The movies and the tv shows make no mention of the gladiatrixes. It's a shame, really. There is going to be a minor plot twist about the gladiatrix business in Vol. 4. In Vol. 3 Caligula gets more dominant and shows more of his charming bad boy side. Our heroine has been appearing quite submissive, but she has some mojo and she's actually not all that submissive. She will surprise you later, I promise!

I wish I could ay more but I don't want to spoil the story. It will go live in a few days, just wait and see!


No comments:

Post a Comment